Backup fails with 0 minutes until next allowed backup

Richard Alleman December 8, 2021

Jira allows users to back up every 48 hours. I've created an Azure pipeline to do this, but when it ran this morning - exactly 48 hours after the last run - I got this:

BACKUP FAILED: {"error":"Backup frequency is limited. You cannot make another backup right now. Approximate time until next allowed backup: 0h 0m"} 

Clearly Jira isn't releasing the backup flag on time for the subsequent run. How to get around this?

1 answer

0 votes
Florian PEREZ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2021

Does the export work one minute later?

As you said exactly 48h I'm tempted to think it was just a bit too early (servers time can be grumpy) 

Richard Alleman December 10, 2021

The subsequent backup worked, but this doesn't help because I need to run the backups at the same time each time they run. I can't add 10 seconds to each run just to accommodate the problem. Note that confluence backups work fine, and they also have a 48 hour restriction.

Richard Alleman December 22, 2021

This is happening repeatedly and is clearly a bug in Jira's backup process. It doesn't look like I can report it while I'm on the unpaid plan, which makes no sense to me. Surely Atlassian wants to know about bugs, whether they're coming from someone on a paid plan or not!?

Anyway, can someone from Atlassian please add this to the Jira bugs? Thanks.

Suggest an answer