Average Time in Status Gadget Set-up

ssampson March 16, 2021

Hello! 

I'm trying to set up the Average Time in Status gadget, but am not succeeding.  It's not returning any data for any status I've configured for the chart.  Is there a step by step process documented to use as a reference for setting up this gadget? Are there any tips/tricks that I should know about and try? 

Thank you!

3 answers

2 votes
Mariana_Pryshliak_Saasjet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 17, 2021

Hello @ssampson 

Try Time in Status fir Jira Cloud add-on from the Atlassian Marketplace that was developed by my team. It generates status reports including the Average time in Status report(exactly what you need). 

4a18899d-86d4-4f00-84b5-8f68f9ea2ef6.png

Also, you can see the Average time in Status in the Gadget view. 

tisgadget.jpgI hope you find it helpful.

Best regards Mariana, 

1 vote
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 31, 2021

Hi @ssampson ,

As an alternative, you can try Status Time app developed by our team at Bloompeak. It provides reports on how much time passed in each status as well as status entry dates and status transition count.

Once you enter your working calendar into the app, it takes your working schedule into account too. That is, "In Progress" time of an issue opened on Friday at 5 PM and closed on Monday at 9 AM, will be a few hours rather than 3 days. It has various other reports like assignee time, status entry dates, average/sum reports(eg. average in progress time per project). And all these are available as gadgets on the dashboard too.

Here is the online demo link, you can see it in action and try.

If you are looking for a free solution, you can try the limited version Status Time Free. Hope it helps.

Vageesh_Patel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 24, 2024

Hi @Bloompeak Support , I can create the 'Average Time in Status' query/data using limited version (Status Time Free) which you suggested but how to use this in 'Average Time in Status' Gadget Set-up? there is no option to import this data to 'Average Time in Status' dashboard Gadget.

Thank You!

Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
January 25, 2024

Hi @Vageesh_Patel ,

'Average Time in Status' is Jira's built-in gadget. Therefore it can not use the status durations calculated by our app. Instead of 'Average Time in Status' gadget, you can use the gadget  named 'Status Time' that comes with our app in your dashboard.

0 votes
Emre Toptancı _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
March 31, 2021

Hello @ssampson ,

For a ready built solution that offers great flexibility and details, our team at OBSS built Time in Status. It is available for Jira Server, Cloud and Data Center.

Time in Status mainly allows you to see how much time each issue spent on each status or assigned to each assignee. You can combine statuses into consolidated columns to see metrics like Ticket Age, Cycle Time or Lead Time. You can calculate averages and sums of those durations and counts grouped by issue fields you select. (For example see the total InProgress time per Epic, or average number of InProgress transitions per issuetype). 

You can display this information in Time in Status reporting page, dashboard gadgets or in a tab on issue view pages. Below are some samples:

Gadget_AverageStatusDurationByComponent.png  tisCloud_StatusDuration_Report.png  tisCloud_IssueView_Data.pngGadget_AverageStatusDuration_Chart.png

The grouping for average reports is totally customizable so you can get averages grouped by pretty much any field you need.

The app calculates its reports using already existing Jira issue histories so when you install the app, you don't need to add anything to your issue workflows and you can get reports on your past issues as well.

Using Time in Status you can:

• See how much time each issue spent on each status, assignee, user group and also see dates of status transitions.
  • Calculate averages and sums of those durations grouped by issue fields you select. (For example see average InProgress time per project and per issuetype.)
  • Export your data as XLS, XLSX or CSV.
  • Access data via REST API. (for integrations)
  • Visualize data with various chart types.
  • See Time in Status reports on Jira Dashboard gadgets (released for cloud, server&DC gadget coming soon)

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/1211756

EmreT

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events