Automation help

Abdelmoghny Mohamed May 19, 2022

hi , i have hundreds of tasks and subtasks assigned to a specific employee. how can i by automation to re assign those tasks to another specific person.

2 answers

1 vote
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2022

Hi @Abdelmoghny Mohamed 

You can either run the JQL of the assigned issues you want to reassign and then use the Bulk Edit functionality to change the assignee, or if you did want to use an automation rule (e.g. you may not have the global Make Bulk Changes permission) then you can just as easily do this in an automation rule, which would look something like the following:

assign.png

(where you would run the JQL within the branch and change Unassigned to the user you wish to reassign them to in the Assign Issues action).

Hope this helps!

1 vote
Danielle Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2022

Since they have all been already created, Bulk Edit is probably your best option:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-Do-I-Bulk-Change-an-Assignee-in-the-Backlog/qaq-p/1965543

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events