Automation for issues can't be moved when the field is empty

Erna Putri Utami August 11, 2022

how to make automation when certain fields are empty so the issue from in progress can't be moved to done?

2 answers

1 vote
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2022

Hi @Erna Putri Utami 

You can not make it via automation. You should simply add field required validator to a transition in workflow.

Erna Putri Utami August 12, 2022

Thank you for your response @Tansu Akdeniz 
but can you give an example of the steps?

Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2022
  • Go to Jira Settings -> Issues -> Workflows -> Find the workflow -> Edit
  • Select the transition (From In Progress to Done) -> Validators -> Add Validator -> Field Required Validator -> Choose fields to make required.
  • Publish workflow.
Like Hira Ahmed Shaikh likes this
Hira Ahmed Shaikh August 29, 2023

I have applied Validators as the image below. but users are not able to move the jira tickets now. even when comments are there. have I missed something.

wqde.png

Hira Ahmed Shaikh September 19, 2023

I have fixed the issue by adding a comments screen so when a issue is transitions a comment screen will pop up, user will enter their comment and move the ticket to the next status.

Works fine for me now.

0 votes
Andy Ryan November 6, 2023

This issue with using Validation is that you can't isolate it to only one Issue Type unless you create separate workflows for each issue type. This would unnecessarily over complicate the workflow. I am also trying to do this via automation so I can isolate it to only a single issue type.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events