Automate Epic creation

Maha Eltemsah November 27, 2020

Hi 

I want to Automate Creation of standard set of Epics when a project is created. 

Can this be done using automation option in Jira ?

Thanks 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Velizar Borisov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2020

Hi Maha, and welcome to the community!

New epics can be created with the Automation add, yes. Furthermore, they can be linked to the ticket, that triggers the automation. Of course if you provide some more info about your usecase you can receive a bit of handy ideas here at the community.

Best regards,

Velizar

Maha Eltemsah November 30, 2020

Thanks Velizar.

So here is the situation, the company has different product. A project is created on Jira when the product is implemented at a new client site. There are set of standard activities (epics) required for each implementation and the automation is to create them when a project is created. But if I understand the automation process correctly, an issue should be created manually to trigger the automation, correct ? is there a limit on the number of automated Epics that can be created ?

Velizar Borisov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2020

Yes Maha, you are correct. 
Only issue operations (create, edit, s.o.) can trigger an automation. 

Also there is a limitation for the automations that can be executed

Premium users have 1000 global and multi-project rules per paid user per month. (i.e 200 users in Jira Cloud Premium will have 200,000 monthly global/multi-project rules per month). This is pooled across all Jira tools and all users. Customers on free and standard plans have access to 100 and 500 global and multi-project rules per month respectively.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events