Approvers does not receive email

Anwar December 4, 2019

Hello,

We are using Jira Service Desk (Cloud) and had created a custom field to be used internally by the company.

When the agent name is selected in that field, Jira does not send email notification to that user to approve the ticket.

Where should we configure.

I have almost given a day figuring out the menu.

Regards,

Anwar Shaikh

1 answer

0 votes
Krisztian Kovacs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2019

Hi @Anwar

If I understand the problem correctly, you'd like to select a user in a single user select custom field and that would trigger an email.

Based on this document: https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver/automating-your-service-desk-939926334.html maybe you could try using request participant as the field?

There are only a handful of triggers in JSD.

I hope this helped a bit.

Anwar December 5, 2019

Hi @Krisztian Kovacs 

Thanks for the link.

We tried implementing the steps in the link. But got stuck at two places.

1. When we select Send Email, we don't have option to get the agent name selected in the ticket "Custom Field / Single (User Picker)".

2. We have 4 Approvers. Whose ever name is selected that person only should receive email to Approve.

Regards,

Anwar Shaikh

Krisztian Kovacs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2019

Oh yeah,

I think this would only work with request participants.

Though obviously, that field is not named "approvers".

Not sure you guys would want to get into scripting but could look into something like this: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Adaptavist-questions/Send-email-by-script-runner-CLOUD/qaq-p/862709

Suggest an answer