Annual payment for JIRA Cloud

Nikola Velevski August 8, 2017

If i want to pay per year for JIRA, i need to pay in adition or after the year? Because maybe i will have lower number of users at the end of the year, and that number will be in another tier.
e,g,: i'm paying annualy for JIRA for 55 users..and after some period i will have 25 users..  how i will pay?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jeremy M
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2017

Dear Nikola,

For JIRA Cloud this will simply mean the following;

How are annual subscriptions priced?

In addition to monthly subscriptions, JIRA Software is also available as an annual subscription. Annual subscriptions offer a discount that equates to two months free. Here is the breakdown:

Users Annual Pricing

1 - 10$100
11 - 15$1,050
16 - 25$1,750
26 - 50$3,500
51 - 100$7,000
101 - 200$11,000
201 - 300$13,500
301 - 400$14,500
401 - 500$15,500
501 - 600$16,500
601 - 800$18,500
801 - 1,000$20,500
1,001 - 1,200$22,500
1,201 - 1,400$24,500
1,401 - 1,600$26,500
1,601 - 1,800$28,500
1,801 - 2,000$30,500

You will pay upfront, and with a monthly payment the price will change to your user tier... however.. with anual payments this is not the case. You will get 2 months of free subscription instead.

So: Pick monthly if your organisation is expected to drop in users.

Friendly Regards,

Jeremy

one more question.. if i'm paying annualy for JIRA, could i pay for Plugins monthly, or i must pay annualy for plugins also?

if i deactivate user before montlhy payment, i will pay less? And a day after that if i activate that user it will change something or?

Anastasia Semenko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2017

hi @Nikola Velevski ,

at this time, it is not possible to pay for your JIRA Software on an annual basis while paying for the add-ons on a monthly basis.

Your Atlassian cloud site is billed as one subscription, either on a monthly or an annual basis, and the bill includes all applications and add-ons running on your instance. It is also worth mentioning that the user tier of the add-ons will need to match the user tier of your JIRA license. 

Cheers,

Anastasia 

thank you @Anastasia Semenko,
now i'm paying monthly for JIRA, and for the all addons that i'm using. But in the future if i want to pay annualy for JIRA, could i pay for the addons monthly? Because maybe i will need much more addons that i would like to add them after a few months from paying for JIRA? 
And i didn't understand why is not possible if i like for example from September to pay annualy for JIRA?

Anastasia Semenko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2017

hi @Nikola Velevski

there was a mistake in my comment above, sorry about that. 

If you will switch to annual billing for your JIRA in September (so you will purchase an annual subscription from September 2017 till Septemeber 2018), you can reach out to us to purchase add-ons or other applications at any point during those 12 months.

But if you will buy an add-on in November 2017, your add-on license will be prorated from November 2017 till the end of your annual subscription in Septemeber 2018. I hope this helps to clarify!

Cheers,

Anastasia 

Thanks @Anastasia Semenko

But if i decide to pay annual from september for JIRA, could i pay monthly for plugins after that, or if i want to add plugin it must be annual payment? Because JIRA will be payed annualy

Anastasia Semenko
Atlassian Team
August 8, 2017

hey @Nikola Velevski

no, it is not possible to pay for your add-ons monthly if you are paying for your JIRA annually.

the add-ons will be billed as I described above - from the requested date till the end of your annual subscription. on an annual subscription from September 2017 until September 2018, it is not possible to pay for an add-on for 1 month only 

thank you very much @Anastasia Semenko

regards, Nikola

Nadia August 20, 2020

@Anastasia Semenko can you please advise if this is still applicable for Cloud sites? 

"Your Atlassian cloud site is billed as one subscription, either on a monthly or an annual basis, and the bill includes all applications and add-ons running on your instance. It is also worth mentioning that the user tier of the add-ons will need to match the user tier of your JIRA license".

For example, we have Jira Software, Confluence and Jira Service Desk. Can we go with annual pricing for Jira Software and Confluence, however have a monthly subscription for Jira Service Desk? 

Like Anastasia Semenko likes this
Anastasia Semenko
Atlassian Team
August 20, 2020

Hi @Nadia yes, this is still applicable.

You will not be able to pay for your Jira Software and Confluence annually, but keep Jira Service Desk as a monthly subscription - all applications will be billed either monthly or annually. 

Nadia August 20, 2020

@Anastasia Semenko got you, thanks! (still on a learning curve with Atlassian license management) 

Suggest an answer