Advanced Roadmap - issue hierarchy

Małgorzata Adamska-Piotrowska March 22, 2023

Hi

We use Advanced Roadmap and we have a hierarchy set : Epic (1)  Scope/assignment (2) - Deliverable (3).

I want to add a new issue type to level 2 and 3 due to creation of new hierarchy for other projects.

Will it change anything in existing linking? 

If I want to use another hierarchy for different projects - can I set something like this?

Thanks

Malgorzata

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2023

Hello @Małgorzata Adamska-Piotrowska 

If I want to use another hierarchy for different projects - can I set something like this?

No, the hierarchy is applied globally. You can limit which issue types are available in a given project, but the hierarchy structure itself applies to all projects.

Małgorzata Adamska-Piotrowska March 23, 2023

Hi Trudy. Thanks for the answer.

If I want to add a new issue type in the hierarchy - will I lose current links? I already have the hierarchy set, which I don't want to change. (My highest is Deliverable)

But if I add a new issue type for the highest hierarchy ( I will add Legend), will the current links to Deliverable be lost?

Thanks

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2023

Honestly I have not worked that much with the AR issue hierarchy, so I don't really know the answer.

However, based on @Dave Mathijs 's answer on this post I believe you would not lose lower level links if you add another level to the top of the hierarchy.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events