Adding issue link type to request body when creating issue

Adewale Orotayo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 29, 2022

Hi, I would like to add an issue link type to my request body when I am trying to create an issue in my app. However, I am unsure how to include the link-type object as it requires me to add the id and the rest. I am not sure of how to implement this

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2022

Hi @Adewale Orotayo welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I would like to understand your question correctly:

Would you like to add the Issue type field to be visible when you create an issue in a project?

OR

Would you like to add the Linked Issues field to be visible when you create an issue in a project?

In either case, add the field to the create issue screen of the screen scheme related to the issue type.

You also say "in my app". Are you using a mobile version or an Android/iOS app for Jira or do you access Jira via your browser?

Adewale Orotayo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 30, 2022

Thanks Dave, I am working with the Jira API, and in the request body, I have to add Linked Issues, in the request body, it looks like the image below and I am wondering how to include all the information below as I they are not clear to me. I have also checked the documentation to see if there's a better explanation but I can't seem to understand it yet Screenshot 2022-11-30 at 10.16.12.png

Suggest an answer