Active Jira user not showing up when using @ in comments

Al Wiesner March 26, 2020

As part of making users aware of discussions, we will constantly use @{username} to notify a user.

This works for all users.  However, we have one user that this is not working for.  The user is active and in the same groups as other users that this works for.

Users are added to Jira/Confluence through social media login from our G Suite.  We are not maintaining a specific SSO integration, just utilizing the authentication mechanisms of G Suite.

I'm not sure why we cannot address this user, but all others work.

1 answer

0 votes
Jaron Stevenson March 26, 2020

Hi Al,

I found this help article that may help you, https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/mentions-and-autocomplete-are-not-working-in-jira-cloud-779160727.html

I know you said they are in the same groups as other users, but can you double check if that particular user has the Browse Project permission in the project you are trying to @ mention them in? Also, the email visibility could also be the issue.

Regards,
Jaron

Hi Jaron,

i actually did that before submitting the ticket. The browser project permissions are currently set to any logged in user.

Thanks,

Al

Like Jaron Stevenson likes this

Hi Jaron,

So removing and re-adding the user to the 'jira-software-users' group resolved the issue.  I can only assume something got messed up when his user was added.

I guess this is the equivalent of turning it off and on again. :-)

Thanks for your response.

Thanks,

Al

Jaron Stevenson March 27, 2020

Haha, well there you go!

Have a great day :)

-Jaron

Suggest an answer