Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you handle API management in/around Jira?

Frederik De Roover
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2020

Hello everybody,

I want to get some community insights on how people/company's handle data/API management in and around the Atlassian ecosystem.

We currently have an API connect platform where we have a bunch of self developed API's connected. These API's have various tasks:

• List the position for vessels
  • Retrieve all active projects
  • Get all people in the company + their titles

We're a .NET company, so have little experience in the Java department. Therefore we went with Insight, since we can subscribe to a JSON file on a shared folder.

This however requires us to write a custom application, which is yet another application that lives on the side.

Our ideal scenario is that we develop 1 Jira or Insight plugin, which handles the connection management (headers, authorization, ...). Inside this plugin we can request every API, this seems like a tremendous operation.

Does anyone have examples or stories on how they handle data/API management within their company?

A couple of questions we have are:

• Jira plugin vs Insight connector based on their SDK
  • Separate Insight connector per API

I'm not looking for a solution, but experiences people have had. 

Thanks in advance!

1 comment

Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2020

Hi @Frederik De Roover 

I believe there's a .NET SDK available to Jira which you can use or examine to see what benefits it can bring to your use case. Most companies uses Libraries such as those to connect in and out of Jira rather than creating their own from scratch. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events