Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help us improve issue navigation in Jira

Jordan Koukides
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2022

Hi all,

My name is Jordan - I'm the product manager responsible for the issue navigator in Jira (found at instancename.atlassian.net/issues).

We are currently in the process of improving this experience so we can provide a consolidated issue search across all Atlassian products, you can follow along here for more details.

I am seeking community members who use either the 'description' or a 'multi-line text' custom field to share their opinions on how we can best serve their needs when updating this experience. If you are one of these users (or just a Jira enthusiast looking to help out with your opinion), please reply to this thread and I will get in touch :) 

Thank you in advance!

Jordan

2 comments

Comment

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2022

Hello @Jordan Koukides ,

I have seen in Jira Cloud description field support upto 32k character only. When we were migrating Jira Software server to Cloud, we faced many issues, because in server we can have more than 32k character to solve this problem, manually we had to split the description. It would be great if Atlassian can consider this as improvement.

Regards,
Mayur

Jordan Koukides
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2022

Thanks for the comment @Mayur Jadhav - I would love to chat about this more in a call.

Please choose a time via my Calendly link when you have time!

Looking forward to it :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events