Jira Product Discovery is now generally available for all!

Hi all, 

I am delighted to announce that Jira Product Discovery is now generally available for all. We are really excited for you all to give it a try!

Wait…what is Jira Product Discovery?

Jira Product Discovery is a dedicated tool for product teams to capture and prioritize ideas and keep everyone aligned with custom roadmaps - all in Jira.

jpd.png

Check out this 3-minute demo video for a quick peek into what the product looks like and how it could help you. 

I’m interested! How can I sign up?

Just click here and sign up. It’s free to try!

How much does it cost?

Jira Product Discovery offers Free and Standard plans based on the number of Creators you have:

• Free: up to three Creators with unlimited free contributors.

• Standard: $10/month per Creator, with unlimited free contributors.

To learn more about the plans and the Creator and Contributor role types, go here: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/product-discovery/pricing.

How can I learn more?

We will be running our first webinar, Introduction to Jira Product Discovery, on June 28/29th. This will be the perfect opportunity to learn about the product from the people who built it. Get tips on how to get started, best practices, and ask questions of our product team. Sign up here.

Or join our community to learn from like-minded people.

Thanks from the team

Thank you to all of our Jira Product Discovery users as we celebrate this big milestone! You helped make the product what it is today. We look forward to sharing more in the coming months ❤️

339595cd-81a7-4f19-88bf-611a59f7d2ca.png

13 comments

Fabrice Huart - NSI
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2023

A big thank you to the team for this launch 

More than happy to be able to use it soon on concrete cases.

Like # people like this
John McKiernan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2023

Thanks @Fabrice Huart - NSI - just give a shout if you have any questions along the way :) 

Chris Grant
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 8, 2023

I'm kinda lost when it comes to granting permissions to an employee to check this new product out. It baulks and says we've exceeded our user licence. Is it intended for only the installed user to use today? I thought I read that 3 users are free somewhere. Obviously, I'm lost in the permissions ...

John McKiernan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2023

Hey @Chris Grant 

Apologies for any confusion. Yes, indeed it is free for up to three creators and unlimited contributors. You just need to choose who becomes a creator (paid after 3) and has full access and who becomes a contributor (free). 

By default, when you add a new product to a site, the site-admins user group is given access to that product - this means that every site administrator will have access to Jira Product Discovery and consume a license and this counts towards the 3 creator user limit for the free plan. So likely you will need to remove product access for site admins to avoid going over that 3 creator limit. 

This article talks about how to do it that plus other steps to set up Jira Product Discover: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Product-Discovery-articles/ACTION-REQUIRED-how-to-move-from-Beta-to-the-Free-or-Standard/ba-p/2355268

We are working to make this easier so welcome any feedback you have.

Cheers, John 

Like Jacki Kientzle likes this
Paul Janssen June 29, 2023

Looks promising! Will it ever be possible to 'push' a product idea as a card to Trello? 

John McKiernan
Atlassian Team
June 29, 2023

Hey @Paul Janssen 

It's not on the immediate roadmap. At the moment you can only create issues from Jira Product Discovery to either Jira Software or Jira Work Management. You could of course do so from Trello but you would be missing that bird's eye of delivery work that you currently get in Jira.

Like Paul Janssen likes this
Paul Janssen June 29, 2023

Obviously... but moving the entire development team from Trello to Jira with loads of boards to copy sounds like quite the (impossible) project 😃 

John McKiernan
Atlassian Team
June 29, 2023

Ha yes writing it is one thing, doing it is another! I'll definitely keep you informed if anything changes here. Thanks for the feedback Paul

Like Paul Janssen likes this
Paul Janssen June 30, 2023

Appreciate it! Thanks and good luck with the product. I will certainly run a trial!

said kouzibry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2023

This looks promising, although I have troubles understanding how it works.

Smartplace
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 8, 2023

Insights are already available in the deployments, board, and backlog tabs. When you need information, they give it to you in the appropriate context. You could see the Epic progress breakdown, Sprint burndown, and Issues needing attention on the sprint board.

John McKiernan
Atlassian Team
July 9, 2023

Hey @said kouzibry 

I hope you do get good value from it. We are working on lots more resources to help but in the meantime yep I recommend watching the webinar on-demand: https://www.atlassian.com/webinars/software/get-started-jira-product-discovery

and also take a look through this page which has answers to lots of the most common questions. Any issues, give a shout! https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Product-Discovery-articles/Frequently-asked-questions-about-the-product-how-do-I/ba-p/2002378

Ahmed Nassar November 2, 2023

Really Appreciate it, i will give it a try soon

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events