Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to archive a kanban board without closing it as a sprint

barbara cure
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 29, 2021

I do not want to close it as a sprint, it was an old board and the employee is no longer here. But dont want to lose what they worked on.

1 answer

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2021

HI @barbara cure 

Welcome to the community.

I am not sure what you mean by "close it as a sprint", as a Kanban board doesn't have the concept of a sprint.

Also, can I confirm you are talking about a Jira Work management project, on a Jira Cloud instance?

Perhaps sharing a screenshot for us to visualise your scenario would be helpful.

But, for the record. Closing a sprint does not make the content (open or closed) disappear. you can always find the issues via the "Issues" section of the project or using JQL via the "Advanced issue search" in the Filters section of Jira.

barbara cure
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 29, 2021

Sorry, asking on the fly. After digging deeper in these pages I found there is no archive feature. Inherited old boards but didn't want to blanket delete them. I am good now. 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events