Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transition Condition is not working

Ibrahim Alamri June 16, 2021

I'm trying to set condition for an issue transition to only happen by a specific user. in this case a custom field user; however the user can't transition and when I go to permissions and give the user a permission to transition issue, the user can do all transition and not the ones with the conditions I set. 

Can someone tell me what I'm missing? and yes I do publish the draft after I make the changes. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2021

Hi @Ibrahim Alamri

You configuration looks good for the conditions, but I need some clarification. 

- First, if you give a user transition issues permissions (permisison schema), they will have access to all transitions in the workflows in the project.   

- Your first condition: If the user is in the "Supply Chain" group, he/she will be able to see the transition button "In Review" looks good. 

- Your second condition: if the user is in the customfield lead approvers, he/she will be able to see the "Lead Approves" transition looks good.  

- Now, If you want to hide all the other transition buttons you will have to hide them from the user too by adding conditions as well.  

I hope this helps.

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2021

Hi Ibrahim,

Can you share a screenshot of your conditions for the transition? 

Ibrahim Alamri June 16, 2021

Here are two transitions with first  to be only transitioned by a team member and the other by a custom field user. None of them worked and when i give permissions for these two, they will be able to move issues across the board.

1.PNG2.PNG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events