Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Create Issue button has disappeared from all Kanban columns

cox_tw July 9, 2024

Up until a week ago, all of the columns on our Kanban board had a "Create Issue" button below the last card in each column. That button is now missing from each column. What's more perplexing about this is that it disappeared while I was on vacation and I'm the only one who really uses it, so there were no workflow or status changes made.

I ruled out this being a caching issue since the behavior is repeated in both other browsers and private mode. 

This button was great because it allowed me to add issues to columns without having to create them using the primary button, then go to the backlog, then move them to the board. This is a team-managed project. 

Does anyone have any ideas what may have changed or what to check?

2 answers

0 votes
cox_tw July 10, 2024

@Mohanraj Thangamuthu - No swimlanes. In fact, I don't even have the option in settings. 

Mohanraj Thangamuthu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2024

Hello, Good day. Are you using "Team managed project", you can find the name on left side bottom.

Screenshot 2024-07-11 at 10.47.49 AM.png

I am unable to reproduce this issue on Team managed project. 

cox_tw July 11, 2024

@Mohanraj Thangamuthu Yes, it's a team managed project. Again, it used to work up until the last week in June. I've seen in other threads that people have seen the button go missing in specific columns, but it's gone from all of mine. 

cox_tw July 11, 2024

@Mohanraj Thangamuthu - I'm mistaken. I have a column / status named "Backlog" and THAT column does have the create issue button. None of the other columns do though. The backlog status is the first step in my workflow (with the To-Do status). 

The next steps (there are 2 options) after the backlog are both In-Progress statuses. I do remember making some change regarding this backlog step (though I forget why) and now I'm wondering if that has something to do with it. 

Mohanraj Thangamuthu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 12, 2024

Hello, Good day. Please move your mouse cursor near the bottom of the second column and check. Attaching screenshot from my instance. On first screen shot you will not see create issue option on column 2, but when I mouse the cursor we can see.

Screenshot 2024-07-12 at 12.52.50 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-07-12 at 12.52.59 PM.png

Want to check if this is the case with you as well.

cox_tw July 12, 2024

@Mohanraj Thangamuthu - That's one of the first things I tried....nothing happens when I hover below the last card in either of the columns.

2024-07-12_13h25_53.png

Mohanraj Thangamuthu
Atlassian Team
July 14, 2024

That's strange. As I am unable to reproduce this behaviour on my end. I assume this behaviour is noticed only one one board in your site and on other projects it works fine ?. Also please let me know the changes performed on this board recently, will try to reproduce.

cox_tw July 16, 2024

@Mohanraj Thangamuthu  We have a LOT of projects (none of which I am involved with) but I did peek at another team managed project and the Create Issue button was on each of their columns. 

I don't recall changing anything. I noticed it after I was out of the office for a week, upon my return which makes it all the more strange.

cox_tw July 24, 2024

@Mohanraj Thangamuthu  - The create issue buttons have returned as inexplicably as they disappeared. I did absolutely nothing. Very odd!

Like Mohanraj Thangamuthu likes this
0 votes
Mohanraj Thangamuthu
Atlassian Team
July 9, 2024

Hello, Good day. Please go to project settings and let me know if you have configured any swimlane. Thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events