Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly Can't Edit "People" or Permissions on Jira Work Management Projects

Stephanie High November 1, 2021

Our organization recently switched our Marketing teams to the new Jira Work Management project templates. We had been running them much like our other projects - adding people to roles and adding them to the "People" section of Project Settings, as well as using Permissions schemes to govern the usage.

Suddenly, last week, we aren't able to do either of those things anymore. I have confirmed that our subscription has not changed at all, we've always had Jira Core Free. Has anyone seen this or know why it would have changed all of the sudden? 

Screenshots of the messages we're getting:Permissions Scheme.pngProject Settings_People.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2021

Hi Stephanie,

I can’t speak to what it was like before for you or when, but the Free version of  Jira Work Management will definitely not let you change permissions.

Stephanie High November 3, 2021

The strange thing is, we are paying for Jira Premium, which should include all the Core features based on my understanding? I have put in a support request to try and get more insight. I appreciate your response!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2021

Your question above under the Product Plan on the right side says Free. Maybe this is a different account you logged in under. 

Stephanie High November 11, 2021

Thank you! I got with Jira support and it turns out we did have a duplicate Jira Core Free subscription somehow. Once I deleted that, everything went back to how I expected it.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2021

Sounds good - glad you got it figured out!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events