Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search and view tickets in the portal request created by anyone

Nicolas Manancero July 11, 2022

We need all users that can raise a ticket in the portal request view to search created tickets for a proyect as a part of intercomunicaction system, we came along a kind of solution in which we create a new rol called "viewer" but it does not very happy walkarround bcs it grant access to the background of the portal (the queues of tickets).

image (16).png

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2022

Hi @Nicolas Manancero and welcome to the community!

You could add everyone to a single organization.  Then as long as the "shared with" is set to that organization, everyone will have visibility.  You could even leverage automation to force the organization setting if that's a concern.

Nicolas Manancero July 11, 2022

Hi Mark thanks for replaying! Could You share me more details for the configuration that you mention? A step bye step or a screenshot? I not  fully understood what a organization is? I know users and grupos that I can add to a projects, but never hear about organizations...

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2022

Sorry - I'm just seeing that you're specifically using Jira WORK management (JWM).  When I read portal, my mind goes to Jira SERVICE Management (JSM). 

If you are in fact using JWM, then you may want to reconsider upgrading to JSM instead because JWM will not give you that separation of reporter/agent that you're looking to achieve. The Organization/Customer hierarchy are only part of JSM and you can find more info here:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/group-customers-into-organizations/

0 votes
Irina_Bel_Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 28, 2022

Hi @Nicolas Manancero ,

Your case can be addressed with the Customer Case for Jira app. You can create forums for your existing Jira projects of any type. All the tickets in these forums will be automatically visible on the relevant forum. A forum can be public (visible to everybody), private (restricted for specific email addresses or domains, for example, for your internal needs), or you can set it up as a support service just as JSM(private communication with a support assistant). All the requests created on the forum automatically get to this Jira project.

0 votes
Nicolas Manancero July 14, 2022

Thanks a lot Mark! This then confirms our concerns that it is the only way to use this new rol then....

Really appreciate your time!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events