cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about the product

Javier
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 20, 2023

Good morning,

I would like to ask some questions. I will be grateful if you could reply me.

1. Is it possible to create new values for the State column? There are three by default and when I create a new one, it is only possible to join it to one of the three already existing. 

2. Is it possible to create a template once you have a project with all the tasks and subtasks created? I mean, save the structure of elements to create a new project based on this structure.

Thank you very much in advance,

Javier

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bhanu KN
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2023

Hi Javier, 

Hope you are doing well. By State, I assume you are talking about Jira Statuses. It is possible for you to add new statuses. I am adding the link here, which applies to the server but it works the same in the cloud as well: Configure workflows

If you are talking about Status columns on a Kanban/Scrum board, Yes, it's possible to add more columns: Configure columns

If It's the status categories you are talking about (To do, In progress, and Done which are color coded across all workflows), you cannot add any more categories. 

Once you have a project set up, you can create another with the shared configuration. It lets you share screens, issue types, and workflows between multiple projects. Read more about it here: Create a project that shares its configuration with another project

Hope this helps :)

Regards, 

Bhanu

Javier
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 20, 2023

Thank you very much Bhanu!!

It was status categories what I was referring to. 

Your explanations are very clear. The have been very helpful.

Thank you again!!

Javier

Like Bhanu KN likes this
Bhanu KN
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2023

Glad to be of help! Have a good day :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events