Portals are deleted

Kamber Yontuk December 8, 2022

Hi all, I have a Problem with my Work Managment Free. We are 3 people in the Companie and manage 300 People over Jira. For 2 Hourse the Jira system Colapse and the Portal what we use dont exist anymore. beacuse i am free i cant connect the Jira Help desk how i can get fix that. Anyone of the 3 useres deleted ore touch the Portal. It deleted by themself so all my filters for the Managment the Jiras?

Can anyone help me its a very Urgent Issue and i cant find any solution to get everything back to 1 day?

Thank you for anykind of Help 

https://evbhelpdesk.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/group/1/create/10012

2 answers

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2022

Hello @Kamber Yontuk ,

Thanks for reaching out and the 403 error you are running into occurs when the application is not licensed.

Checking out the account details, I can see that the Jira Work management application is currently set to the free license however the Jira Work Management application (where the customer support portal is located) was on a limited "free trial" license and is not currently set to a "free" license as the trial expired.  The free trial is full access to the paid app for a limited time period, but the Trial expired and needs to be converted to either a paid or a free license to continue using the app with the limited scope of free vs Standard.

To set the account to a Free site or a paid license for the Service Management application as well you will want to:

1. go to https://admin.atlassian.com
    1. Select your site if there is more than one site available
  2. Go to the Billing tab
  3. Under the "Products and apps" column locate the line for "Jira Service Management" and choose "Manage Subscription"
  4. Locate "Jira Service Management" on the new page and select "Change" next to the license
  5. Either
    1. Select the "Select Free" option to associate the license with the free account, 
    2. Or upgrade the account to Standard to continue using the app without the restrictions imposed on free

Hope this helps clarify things.

Regards,
Earl

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2022

Hey @Kamber Yontuk , are you using Jira Work Management or Jira Service Management?

Since you mention a portal I'm assuming JSM Free?

As towards the portal, does the project itself still exist and just the portal vanished or is the entire project gone?

Can you still login to the instance itself? If so you could see what the Audit log says.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/audit-activities-in-jira-applications/

Hi Dirk thank you for your respons, I Use Jira Work Management, the projekt is still there and all Data bevor 07.12.2022. The Formular is deleted by themself and my Filters in the Projekt Management Issues site are vanisched by themself.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2022

Well that doesn't make sense because Jira Work Management (JWM) doesn't have a portal feature.

So either you also had a JSM project which was removed or you are on the wrong instance.x

I've tagged Atlassian in the question to see if they can take a look at your instance but my guess is you had a JSM project which was removed. 

Did the audit log say anything specific?

Hi Dirk, when our Costumer use the Formular he became the Answer that the Fomrular is not exist and Forbidden. I send u the screenshots. When I open Jira to Control that he says me that no formular exist. But we dont deleted anything. 

Form to make a Jira Ticket.JPGPortal.JPG

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 8, 2022

Don't know what to tell you, the link you give is a link to a JSM project.

If this were a Form from JWM the link would be different.

Let's see if the Atlassian engineers can see something in your instance.

Like Kamber Yontuk likes this

Good Morning Dirk, have you send my issue to Atlassian? Have you got any Feedback or will they contact me personaly?

Thank you for your Help

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events