Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List settings

Cecilia Damico January 17, 2023

Hi, every time I access the project I have to set the fields I want to view in the list.

Is there a way to maintain the fields of the view I defined?

Thanks

2 answers

1 vote
John Salch January 17, 2023

This would be nice.

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 17, 2023

Hi @Cecilia Damico and @John Salch

would you mind elaborating what exactly you're experiencing? I just tried to add some fields/columns locally and they did show up correctly when re-visiting the project - but this could also be a change/fix that is being gradually rolled out.

John Salch January 17, 2023

Create a Jira Work Project.  Add some issues.  Go to List tab.  Change the settings to Group things by a field.  Leave the tab.  Go back, settings changes are reset.

Like # people like this
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 17, 2023

Ahh, gotcha @John Salch

yeah this indeed doesn't seem to be persisted. I would imagine that it will be at some point in the future, but I don't know any details. Maybe someone else knows more about this?

... and just to put this out there: For an immediate solution and provided that you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you could have a look at the app that my team is working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you'd do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also comes with a number of advanced features, including support for configureable issue hierarchies, (nested) grouping, sum-ups, or conditional formatting.

Any of these features and configurations are, of course, persisted across visits :)

This is how it looks in action:

assignee-grouping.gif

JXL integrates into Jira's sidebar (or top-bar, in Work Management), so many customers use it as an extension to Jira's native views. Another advantage is that JXL works with and across any project type, be it JWM, Jira Software, or Jira Service Desk.

Hope this helps,

Best,

Hannes

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events