Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira work management dataset -> Issue worklog table is showing Author_Name as "Tempo Timesheet"

Suyog Gaidhani
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 12, 2023

Hello, 

I have pulled Jira data in Power BI using Alpha Server connector, for getting time log details for Jira user I am referring Issue Worklogs table in Jira data model.

Once pulled in Power BI it shows table as WorkLogs in Power BI data model. In this table while seeing the Author_Name most of the rows it is showing as "Tempo Timesheet" instead of actual Author. My older refreshed copy shows me correct name while recent report shows "Tempo Timesheet" 

Need help, how can I fix this. Is there any Jira/Atlassian configuration I need to check /change or any other workaround. Please suggest.

Thank you!

2 answers

0 votes
Starware December 14, 2023

Hi,

Unfortunately, Tempo sets worklog author to a special plugin user for privacy. You can check here for more details. This makes migrating to another timesheet app or uninstalling Tempo very difficult because you lose all authors. You can use Tempo's own API to get worklog details instead of getting them from Worklogs table. 

0 votes
Mohanraj Thangamuthu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2023

Hello, Good day. I believe you are using Tempo for time tracking and that is the reason author name is shown with the addon user name. You started using Tempo recently ?

Suyog Gaidhani
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 13, 2023

Thank you for the Reply @Mohanraj Thangamuthu 

Yes, We are using Tempo for time tracking. I could see the logging details from 2018 onward, so Tempo is in use from 2018.

Also my previous data model September 23 copy have correct Author_Name while in recent data model it has started showing as "Tempo Timesheet". 

Is there any configuration I need to check for Jira or Tempo or any other way Atlassian team can help on this. Kindly Suggest

Thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events