Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira project not showing up in Jira extension

Charles Cochener February 8, 2023

Hello,

I installed Jira browser extension and logged in but the exact project I want to create task in doesn't show up. In my company, we have a lot of projects and yet only 7 of them can be selected from the Jira extension. Can someone please explain to me the reason of this please ?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2023

Hello @Charles Cochener 

Which browser extension for which browser specifically did you install?

Is there a correlation between the types of the projects (Service, Software, Work Management) and what does or does not display in the extension?

Or a difference in the project architecture; i.e. Team Managed vs. Company Managed?

Charles Cochener February 9, 2023

Hello, thank you for getting back to me. The extension is called Jira Work Management and it opens a small pop-up that allows me to create tickets at any time.

After checking with your last recommandation, it seems indeed that only Team Managed projects are showing up in this extension. The project I am looking to add tasks in is a Company Managed project. Is it possible to access Company Managed project from this extension or do I need to request to change the type of this project ?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2023

I've not yet installed the extension myself to test. As I work on that, can you confirm that the Company Managed projects that you want to work with a Business/Work Management projects?

Business/Work Management projects show navigation across the top of the screen.

Screen Shot 2023-02-09 at 9.18.18 AM.png

Software and Service projects show navigation on the left side, and say "Software" or "Service" at the top below the project name.

Screen Shot 2023-02-09 at 9.18.32 AM.png

The extension currently applies only to Business/Work Management projects, not to Software or Service projects.

Charles Cochener February 10, 2023

Hello, thank you for your answer. Yes the project I am looking for is currently a software project. I am going to see with my team if it is possible to make it a work project. Thank you.

0 votes
Muriel S_ Thiago Ledoux Rupp February 13, 2023

OK I will uninstall the extension since I work in a Software project.

Hope you reach me out when it is availble.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events