Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Notification in Microsoft Teams

Jenish Bhujel July 16, 2022

Hello, I want to send notifications to a shared channel in Microsoft teams...if any task is incomplete on or after the end date of the active sprint....I want to send a notification to Microsoft teams so that my team members look into it and close the task.

Furthermore, I would like to keep sending notifications periodically until the task is resolved. So, that I can close the sprint.

Thank you for your help.

2 answers

0 votes
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2022

Hi @Jenish Bhujel  For getting notification on a particular channel, first need to go that channel, click on three dot(s) >> you need to click on Connector >> Search JIRA Cloud Connector >> Copy webhook URL. and Paste that URL in JIRA webhooks. Insert JQL >> Select event like Issue Update, Issue Create event .  For the project which you select in JQL , for that project Issue Notification starts coming in that channel. 

Or you can follow the steps in below link for getting notification on Teams Channel :- 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation073/integrate-microsoft-teams-1093013407.html#:~:text=Enter%20Automation%20for%20Jira%20as,Send%20Microsoft%20Teams%20Notification%20action

Thanks

V.Y

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2022

Hi @Jenish Bhujel 

You can use the "Send Microsoft Team Message" Action to send an automated message via Automation

Use the Schedule Trigger and a JQL to trigger the Automation with closedSprints() function to search the issues

Teams.png

Let me know if you have any queries

Thanks,
Pramodh

Jenish Bhujel July 18, 2022

Hello I want to create trigger...if any task is incomplete on or after the end date of the active sprint....I want to send a notification to Microsoft teams so that my team members look into it and close the task.

Furthermore, I would like to keep sending notifications periodically until the task is resolved. So, that I can close the sprint.

But I am unaware about exact Schedule trigger or JQL trigger

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events