cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira App App session key

Andy Clarkson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 10, 2023

Dear Community, 

I have a little issue I’m trying to resolve on Jira. 
we have changed the password on our Main Jira account and activated MFA on the account but it looks like any currently signed in sessions when a user is using the app doesn’t refresh or re-ask for the password. Also when I activated MFA the app hasn’t picked up this change. 
does anyone know when the app session certificate expires or how I can force the expiry. 

To note: I have tried the log out of all session in the account security settings and this doesn’t work. 

This could be a possible bug and it is a current security breach we are trying to deal with. Support can’t help because this is the free version of Jira. 

Thanks for anyone with a good idea or a way to test this and reach out to Jira Support 

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Clarkson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 14, 2023

I just wanted to report back on this for anyone that sees it in the future. 
Because of the nature of the request and that it was linked to logins support did get involved. 
Support were very helpful but the way app sessions work they were unable to come up with a solution. This has been reported internally and my hope is a solution can be found in the future to this problem. 
the resolution was to delete the account which was being used. 
we are aware it was a shared account so we have moved to single accounts for our users. 
I hope this helps someone and this hole can be patched in the future. 
thanks 

Andy 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events