Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JWM Timeline Hierarchy & Filtering

Clint Moollen June 14, 2023

Hi,

I'm new using Jira and am looking for assistance.

1. Timeline View JWM

We have created A hierarchy in Jira Work Management. 

• >Initiative
  • >> Milestone
  • >>> Epic
  • >>>> Task

These reflect (as a hierarchy) on the list view, but not on the Timeline view. How do I fix this

Screenshot 2023-06-14 121337.pngScreenshot 2023-06-14 121613.png 

2. Timeline View JWM Filtering

JWM does have filtering currently. I need to filter and have a Timeline view of a unique  Initiative - "on its own"  (as described in the hierarchy above) with all the hierarchy elements linked to this initiative in one timeline view, i.e. 

•  >Initiative
  • >> Milestone
  • >>> Epic
  • >>>> Task

How do I go about doing this? I've explored but not getting any joy.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2023

Hello @Clint Moollen 

Are you working with a Premium (or Enterprise) subscription for Jira Cloud? How did you create the extended issue hierarchy; through Jira Settings > Issues > Issue Type Hierarchy?

The JWM Timeline feature was not designed to reflect a multi-level issue hierarchy. The ability to reflect that type of hierarchy is a feature of the Advanced Roadmaps Plans feature available with the Premium (and Enterprise) subscriptions. There is no option to implement the multi-level hierarchy display in JWM Timeline.

Given that you can't use the JWM Timeline to display the hierarchy as you want, your second question is moot.

If you have a Premium subscription and used the Issue Type Hierarchy to create your issue hierarchy, then you can use the AR Plans feature to create a timeline view for the Work Management project. That will show the issues in the proper hierarchical manner.

I don't see a method to filter the AR Plan down to a single top level issue and all its child issues, however I have not worked much with AR Plans. I may be overlooking an option.

Clint Moollen July 6, 2023

Thanks so much @Trudy Claspill . I will explore AR option

Like Trudy Claspill likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events