Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Work Management - Summary and Board filters

kristofdewulf May 19, 2022

Could someone explain to me the filters used in the background on the new Summary view and within the Board view. I see I have more issues within my project than the total number as shown in either the Summary view or the Board view.

The Summary view is a very nice addition to JWM, but I need to be able to rely on the total numbers.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
kristofdewulf June 3, 2022

To summarize:

On the summary page, the following query is used, which includes sub-tasks 

(statusCategory != Done OR (statusCategory = Done AND updatedDate >= -2w))

On the board,no sub-tasks are included.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2022

Hi @kristofdewulf 

Are there specific items where you see a discrepancy? What numbers do you see and what numbers do you expect to see there? 

Thanks for asking

Using JQL on my project with query: 181 issues

Using the Board view: 61 + 3 + 34 + 0 + 9 + 1+ 6 -> 114 issues

Using the new Summary view: 125 issues, and the number on the statuses do not correspond with the numbers in the Board view.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2022

So if you click on one of the statuses, it is probably taking you to the List screen. The List screen probably has a filter on it, such as not showing Done issues. 

Maybe if you clear all of the filters on the List screen, then the Summary will show? 

Great suggestion, but unfortunately "showing done" did not impact the numbers.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 19, 2022

Is it possible to share a screenshot of the numbers? 

Screenshot 2022-05-19 211252.jpgScreenshot 2022-05-19 211107.jpg

You can see above that the Board view is stating 47, 4, 42 whereas the Summary view is showing 55, 4, 45 for the same statuses.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 19, 2022

Very good - thanks for sharing. I am to check with Atlassian to see how the numbers get counted. 

Loretta Brunette
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 19, 2022

Hi @kristofdewulf 

I think the issue here is to do with subtasks (if you're in a company managed project) or child issues (if you are in a team managed project). 

The Board view doesn't take into account subtasks/child issues, whereas the summary page does. So if in your screenshot, you have 8 child issues/subtasks with a to-do status, this would be the cause. 

This is really valuable feedback though, I can understand the confusion. I will chat with the team about what we do to make this clearer. 

Like John Funk likes this
kristofdewulf May 20, 2022

Hi @Loretta Brunette , that would be great. However, looked into filtering with and without subtasks, and none of the numbers match. So looking forward to your feedback on how the numbers are actually counted.

Like John Funk likes this
Loretta Brunette
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2022

Hi @kristofdewulf - the query we use for the Status chart in the Summary page is 

(statusCategory != Done OR (statusCategory = Done AND updatedDate >= -2w))
When you filtered the subtasks, did you do so on the Board? Because subtasks aren't displayed in the Board, the numbers won't actually update on the Board view if you filter subtasks. 
Happy to jump on a call with you to run through this if easier
kristofdewulf June 3, 2022

Thanks for the feedback. The numbers match with this query, but must say this is not intuitive at all. 

Like # people like this
David Morgan September 15, 2022

@Loretta Brunette has there been any development on this issue please? I've got the same issue with the Summary page. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events