Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Layout - extra fields not appearing. Jira Work Management Business Project

Ed Parry September 13, 2021

Hi

I've gone into Issue Layout and then clicked on the Project Management Edit/View Issue Screen link.

In the Configure Screen setup page I then added Issue Color and Resolution.

I can confirm from the Project settings -> fields page that both fields should now show on the Project Management Edit/View screens (and indeed on other screens on other projects).

However when I open issues in the project neither field is visible.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2021

Hi Ed,

Check the context of the custom field to see if it is available for the project. 

Go to Settings > Issues > Custom fields

Search for the field and the select Contexts and default value from the 3 dots menu to the right. 

Ed Parry September 16, 2021

Hi John

Thanks for replying.

I think the answer is that fields don't become available on existing issues. Once I added the fields to the Create Issue Screen they were on new issues.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2021

There's probably multiple screens in your screen scheme then - one for Create and one for Edit/View. You will need to add the fields to both of those screens. 

Ed Parry September 16, 2021

That is also true - thank you

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events