I need a JQL to show each assignee utilization percentage per week per project

Amr Darwish May 14, 2023

For sake of JIRA reporting I need a JQL to:
1- Show each assignee utilization percentage per week per project.
2- Compare utilization % "Planned" versus "Actual".
3- Show resources utilization, Who's doing what and where and how many hours.

2 answers

0 votes
Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 15, 2023

Hi @Amr Darwish 

Not sure that JQL could show you the whole picture. If you consider using plugins I could recommend ActivityTimeline plugin is a resource management add-on for Jira that provides a resource utilization plan in a single view.

You can select a project, team, or several employees by skill or position. Then you can just drag-n-drop the task to assign and schedule. The system will automatically calculate the workload or work log or both (depends what you will need).

Screenshot 2023-05-15 at 12.37.05@2x.png

Also, there is an ability to create numerous reports based on information from Jira and ActivityTimeline:

Screenshot 2023-05-15 at 12.37.41@2x.png

The app provides a special Resource Utilization Report that helps to assess and plan the teams' workload.
You can try a trial or we can provide a demo session for you and your team if needed. Feel free to ask any questions if needed.
Best, Nataliya, ActivityTimeline Team
0 votes
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

There are lots of moving parts to your requirements here. In Jira, JQL will get you a list of matching issues based on what you're looking for, and it doesn't natively support calculations. You'd need to look into marketplace apps. I have achieved something similar using Tempo timesheets and eazyBI, but you can explore many other great apps that can give you similar results. I'm sure others will chime in and share more insights into this.

Cheers,
IL.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events