cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I keep getting redirected to login on public facing content

Loapu June 6, 2023

Heyho everyone,

I have the following problem:

I want to give everyone access to a Jira project by enabling them to browse the project and create issues. When I try to open the project without being logged in, I can see it for a split-second before being redirected to the Jira login screen. I do not want that, I want the user to just be redirected if he/she tries to access restricted content. Any ideas on why this behaviour is happening?

Here is a URL so you can see for yourselves: https://theypha.atlassian.net/jira/core/projects/EA/list

Kind regards,
Benjamin aka. Loapu

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2023

Hello @Loapu 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

Have you enabled Anonymous Access?

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/allow-anonymous-access-to-projects/

Loapu June 6, 2023

Hey,

Yes, I have. I enabled reading access to the project as well as the permission to create issues. 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2023

Can you show the Permission Scheme for the project?

To which permissions specifically have you granted access to Public?

Like Loapu likes this
Loapu June 6, 2023

atlassian-permissions.png

I hope this answers the question.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2023

Based on the documentation, that should work. I have not found any posts or other articles that indicate it would not work. I don't have a paid subscription instance where I can execute tests for this.

Given that you are on a paid subscription for Jira Cloud I recommend that you open a support ticket directly with Atlassian for additional help.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Like Loapu likes this
Loapu June 6, 2023

Thank you, I already figured it would lead to this. I greatly appreciate your help, I will reply to my post after I get an answer from Atlassian so any user who runs into the same problem may know what fixed it for me.

Like Trudy Claspill likes this
Loapu June 7, 2023

So, Atlassian replied. It appears that the “/list” in the URL was the issue. Projects can be accessed publicly via “/issues” or just on your Atlassian home page. 

Like Trudy Claspill likes this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2023

Thank you for sharing that information @Loapu !

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events