Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use epics from other projects?

Grégoire MANIEZ July 26, 2023

Hello there!

I'm currently trying out Jira Work Management for our Product team so they have a board that allows them to organize their tasks prior to development.

In theory, for some of their tasks, they should be related to epics that will be used in Jira Software by development teams. However, in Jira Work Management, I cannot find how to add Epic name to a ticket (there is no screen for Jira Work Management project), so I can not link Jira Work Management project's tasks to Jira Software's epics?

2023-07-26 16 50 10.png

Is there a way to work with that?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2023

Hi @Grégoire MANIEZ - This is because your project is configured as a Team managed project.  Team managed projects are designed to be self contained so issues cannot be direct decedents of issues in other projects.  The best you can do is establish an issue link to the other project Epics.

Grégoire MANIEZ July 26, 2023

Hi Mark, thanks for the answer!

I don't recall I was asked how I wanted the project to be managed. However, while tring to create a new one to compare, there's indeed a hidden menu we need to open.

That might be it, I'll give it a look, thanks!

Like Mark Segall likes this
0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2023

Hi Grégoire,

The Epic Name field is only available for the Epic Issue Type. You are on a Task issue type in your image. Try adding the Parent field or the Epic Link field. They already exist so you should be able to search for them - do not create a new field. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events