Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restore Kanban board access after exceeding the number of users?

Helen Navarro
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 3, 2024

I believe my board has been locked because the number of allowed users was exceeded. Now I can only see the cards in the way shown in the attached image. I have already removed some users so that there are only 10 remaining, but I still can't see the kanban board. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know how to restore it?Captura de pantalla 2024-07-02 170058.png

1 answer

0 votes
Tibor Balazs
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 3, 2024

Hi Helen, 

To be honest with you, I did not know that there is a limitation for allowed users to view a Kanban Board. This looks like a permission issue to me.

Keep in mind that if you deleted some of the users to stay with 10 which is required for the Free Plan, sometimes it takes a little time until that syncs with all your Products. But this raises another question: Have you deleted them from Atlassian Administration Portal or just simply from the Jira Project?

Helen Navarro
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 3, 2024

Hello Tibor,

I don't think it's about permissions, as no one has modified them. But perhaps it's related to what you mentioned, that it takes some time to synchronize after deleting users. We deleted the users from the Atlassian administration portal, yes. We'll wait a bit to see if it restores. If you have any other suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them! Thank you so much for your help!

Like # people like this
Tibor Balazs
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 4, 2024

Hi Helen, 

Did it appear? If not, can you go to the Project Settings (configuration del projecto) and see if the Board option appears? You can also click on the Search Field in the Top Right corner and click on the "Boards" button on the Screen that appears and see if the Board itself appears in there (just to make sure that the Board still exists :)  Screenshot 2024-07-04 at 11.12.30.png

Another question is: does this happen only for your user or all the other users as well?

Hopefully it is not a bug :) If you still cannot figure out what happened, I would suggest creating a new Team Managed Project and Bulk Move all the issues from this one. probably it will be easier than to try to find out what happened. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events