Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to harmonize components across project boards

Lindsay Cobb May 18, 2022

I am working to create a dashboard that can highlight themes across multiple project boards for my team. One way I am doing this is by using components to assign each issue into one of four major categories/themes. Across the project boards, I am setting up the components with the exact same language. 

When I create a pie chart gadget in my dashboard, it is not combining issues of the same component that come from different project boards. For example, any issues in board #1 with the component "assessment" are showing up as a separate piece of the pie than any issues in board #2 with the same component "assessment." I would like any issues with the component "assessment" to be shown as a single piece of the pie chart. 

I understand one solution would be to use labels that can tie across different project boards, but our team is using the label function for a different purpose, so that is likely not an option here. 

I appreciate any guidance on this! Thanks in advance!

2 answers

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 12, 2023

Hi @Lindsay Cobb,

I am Marlene from codefortynine.

Our app Quick Filters for Jira Dashboards would solve your problem. It matches issue fields per name, not field IDs. Therefore it matches components from different projects which have the same name.  

You must make sure that the name is an exact match.

If the names do not match exactly, you could work with our a feature we release recently: Custom JQL values for our Quick Pie Chart gadget. You have the ability to create a JQL query for each slice of a Pie Chart to specify the issues that should fall under that particular slice. You can use this feature to streamline data coming from different projects or data sources. 

e.g. component in (Assessment, assessment, evaluation)

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2022

Hi @Lindsay Cobb

Since you are using work management you may not be able to.  The system probably thinks they are all separate values.

You may have to move the tickets to a company based project and use a custom field to categorize  them.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events