Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter on custom field

Beyer Gertrud February 16, 2024

Dear Community,

I would like to ask about filtering. I would like to see in a filter those issues, where one of my custom field was modified in the last x day/month or since xy.

Will You help me please, how to solve it?

Thank You very much!

Gerti

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2024

Hi @Beyer Gertrud 

There is changed operator but it doesn't work with custom fields.

Maybe you can use automation feature. When specific field value changes, send e-mail or do any action?

Beyer Gertrud February 16, 2024

Thank You @Tansu Akdeniz  for Your very quick answer! 

If we find a system field to use, (it is the Fix/Version)can You help me to define a filter which show me all those issues, where this field modified in the last x day/month or since xy?

Thank You very much!

Gerti

Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 16, 2024

Hi @Beyer Gertrud 

For the Fix version, you can try something like the following JQL:

fixVersion CHANGED AFTER -10d

I have just published an article on this topic: How to get history for the specific issue field in Jira

For the custom or other standard fields' updates (not supported by JQL), you can try Issue History for Jira. It allows you to see changes for any issue field. For example, due date history:jira due date history.jpg

0 votes
Answer accepted
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2024

Hi @Beyer Gertrud Good day!

Please note that you will not be able filter issues based on custom field change. There is a request with Atlassian backlog for same.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-27641

A possible workaround is to have a new automation rule based on a field change trigger and update another custom field.  This field can used for filtering.

I hope this helps you!

Thanks,
Avinash

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders