Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop Down option in the flow to select a specific person to assign an issue to

Cris Intagliata
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 6, 2024

I have two flows that right now by default only permit one user to be auto assigned. The request is to add a drop-down option in the flow to allow the user to add a desired user to assign the issue to. So far my attempts have been unsucessful please assit if you have a wiki or can show me how you may have accomplished this in the past step-by-step.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2024

Hi @Cris Intagliata , are you asking about having a secondary assignee field? You certainly can add a custom user picker field and use it to illustrate a separate associated user. However, it won't have the same behavioral characteristics as the system assignee field. by the way I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "flow" here. Also, could you indicate what you have tried that failed?

Cris Intagliata
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 6, 2024

@Jack Brickey please post a screen-shot I do not see any option to use a people picker to allow for a secondary assignee.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2024

@Cris Intagliata ,

please see the chronological images illustrating where I added a user picker to my "BT" JWM project.

1) go into project settings and fields, Action > edit fields, custom fields, create custom field (you could also go to custom fields more directly)

IMG_4037.jpeg

2) associate the new field to the desired screens 
IMG_4039.jpeg

3) check for your new field within an issue.

IMG_4040.jpeg

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events