Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome/PC Win 11/Jira Cloud-How to jump to the top of the page/board

Jessica Davis June 1, 2022

I have a lot of issues on my boards.  When I mark an issue done, the focus goes to the end of the Done column and I have to scroll up to go back up to the top of the board.  Super annoying!  I need to see the next task, not the task I've just completed.

• Home/End keys don't work, nor do Page Up/Down keys. 
  • I've even tried Chrome extensions to no avail. 
  • I've tried every navigation keyboard shortcut that I can think of.
  • I've tried refreshing the browser (Shift + F5) with mixed results.  More often than not, the focus stays at the end of the Done column.

Am I missing something?  Is there a fast way to jump to the top of the board?  

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2022

@Jessica Davis 

I believe it sets an on focus via Ajax so you would need to scroll back up.  I am wondering if you could use the standard home key to jump to the top of the page.  

Jessica Davis June 4, 2022

The Home key does not work.  Neither do the page up, page down, or end keys.  These keys work in other apps, but not Jira.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2022

I just tested the keys and they work fine for me.  What browser are you using?

Jessica Davis June 13, 2022

Chrome.  It's our company standard.

Jessica Davis June 13, 2022

I would also like to note that the Home and End keys work fine when I'm looking at Confluence pages, just not on Jira boards.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 14, 2022

@Jessica Davis Are others having the same issue?  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events