Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Issue type hierarchy in JWM

Lizbeth Ferrusca February 15, 2024

Hi Everyone. I am struggling to add "Child issue" tasks to my Epics. It does not recognize "task" tickets as child issues to Epics. When I select to add a parent to the task, it only pulls up "Project" level tickets. How can I change the hierarchy in the settings?

Task Issue types.PNG

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2024

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

JWM does not really have much of a hierarchy, it's not really intended to be a scaled multi-project development system (which is where Epics come from in Jira Software).  JWM is more like the original Jira, which was built as a simple issue tracker, and only needed the base-level issues and fragments of them (sub-tasks).  But JWM does do some cross-project stuff.

In your screenshot, you have Epic defined as a base-level issue, and project as the level above base-level, so no, you can't make your tasks part of an Epic - your config has them at the same level.  You'll need to rearrange your levels to promote Epics to the next level up.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events