Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create new hierarchy level despite upgrade

Angela Hans March 22, 2024

Hi there, 

I made an upgrade today as I want to customize the hierarchy levels.

I did get the sandbox and I have the option to change the epic, but I am not allow to create neither a new epic nor change the hierarchy levels.

Does anyone know how to proceed?

Thanks,

Angela

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2024

Hi @Angela Hans , welcome to the community.

I need to research this, but if I recall correctly, you require Jira Software premium in order to use the advanced hierarchy as part of the Advanced Roadmaps. Did you see somewhere staring otherwise? I know features are constantly being added so it may now be possible but I have not observed that.

Hi Jack, 

thank you for you answer.

As I mentioned above, I did indeed upgrade to Premium.

Angela

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2024

Yes I saw that but should be more clear. I "think" the hierarchy above epic is part of the Jira Software and not Jira Work Management. 

can I ask what your goal is exactly?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2024

Let me pull in a colleague here that is more experienced in JWM.

@John Funk , can you comment on this?

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2024

Yes, you have to have Jira Software Premium. But if you have that, you can implement the Hierarchy and use it with Jira Work Management. 

Like Jack Brickey likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2024

What are you wanting your Hierarchy to look like? 

I only need two (at least) different epics.

I don't think we will use a hierarchy above epic.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2024

You will never be allowed to use two of the same kind of any issue type in the hierarchy. You can have Epics, but then either the level above or below it much be named something else and be physically a different issue type. 

Angela Hans March 25, 2024
Yes, I alredy learned this is not working but that was optional.
What I really need is:
 I want to duplicate the epic an rename it, as I need two different epics in the workflow. This has no impact on the hierachy. I only want to know if I can create issues of the type epic, as it is possible on level 0 and -1.
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 25, 2024

So what is the exact hierarchy you desire? 

I don't want to change the hierachy. 

I want to create a second epic on level +1 as it is possible with level 0 and -1, as I have different setups for the tech- an the sales-workflow

I don't want to change the hierachy.

I try to create another issuetype on level +1 as it is possible on the other levelsScreenshot 2024-03-25 104935.png I have different workflows and different setups 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 25, 2024

Hi @Angela Hans , you cannot add another "epic" issue type.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events