Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I also apply a created search filter to a dashboard?

Uwe Orendi September 28, 2021

I have created two dashboards in which I only want to display my to-do tasks by due date in one dashboard field and in the other dashboard field I only want to display the tasks that are in progress, also sorted by due date. Is there a way to do this using the dashboards in conjunction with the search filters that have been created? Or is there a simpler, better or more ideal solution?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2021

A dashboard in Jira is a page with one or more pre-configured gadgets on it.

You don't use saved filters on dashboards directly, but a lot of gadgets do use them as the place to get the list of issues they are going to display for you from.

So, the question becomes what gadgets are you (going to be) using for your displays of to-do tasks by due date and the other of in-progress?

Assuming a really simple case with some obvious assumptions about your case, I would create two saved filters: 

• Project = XYZ and resolution is empty order by due
  • Project = XYZ and status = in-progress order by due

Then add two simple "filter list" gadgets to the dashboard, selecting one filter for each.

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2021

or Project = XYZ and and statusCategory = "In Progress" order by duedate

This way you would capture all (if applicable) statuses that are in the "In Progress" status category.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2021

Yep, there's lots of power in the searches!  I kept it simple and locked to the example, but I will admit that since statusCategory became available, I've used it a lot in building reports on "where are we with..."

Like Curt Holley likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events