Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation - Problem setting DueDate?

Stuart Fitzgerald June 17, 2021

I've made an automation that when a certain task moves from "In Progress" to "Done", it Transitions the Status to "To Do" and sets the due date to 10 working days in advance of today.

The status change works as expected, but the automation errors on the due date change saying: 

Transition issue

Unknown fields set during transition. Field may not be on transition screen. Fields ignored -Due date (duedate)

Any help glady received!
Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2021

Hi @Stuart Fitzgerald 

Welcome to community.

As I see from the automation error, Due Date field is not present in transition screen to "Done" status. Can you please check it and share how you configured this automation? Do you set the field in "Edit Issue" action or pass the parameter in "Transition Issue" action?

Best

@Tansu Akdeniz I'm passing it in Transition Issue action

Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2021

So, If Due Date field is not added to transition screen, it fails.

You can either add Due Date to transition screen or set in your automation in separate action (Edit Issue -> Set Due Date) after transition issue.

edit.png

Excellent, thanks.

Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2021

You are welcome!!

0 votes
Clark Everson
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2021

Hi Stuart,

Welcome to community! Could you also share how you have the DueDate field configured in the automation, with a screenshot? I know it's possible as I have done it before but I maybe able to help with more information. Without seeing the actual configuration it's hard to troubleshoot.

Best,
Clark

Thanks Clark,

That's what I'm trying to do!
AutoTransition.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events