Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation Help: Transition Linked issue

Caressa DeQuardo March 28, 2024

I'm attempting to create an automation that updates a linked issue when the trigger issue is updated to a specific status.

The issue is that this automation does not work. The linked issue is not being transitioned automatically.

Any ideas?

*This rule is not triggered by another rule

Screenshot 2024-03-28 144014.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2024

Hi @Caressa DeQuardo 

The rule looks correct, assuming the logic is...

• When an issue is transitioned to "Invoiced"
  • And the issue Type is Payment
  • Then locate all issues linked to the trigger issue in the link type "is caused by"
  • And transition those issues to "Invoiced"

So the issue the action is taken against should be linked to the trigger issue using the "causes" link type.

---

Could we also see the audit log, to see what is happening when it attempts to execute?

Ste

Caressa DeQuardo March 29, 2024

IAR-190 was transitioned to "Invoiced" so according to the automation I've built, IAR-176 should automatically be transitioned to "Invoiced" as well but it won't.

IAR-190 meets the automation condition of Issue Type equals payment

IAR-176 is linked as a "is caused by" link

jira 2.pngJira.png

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2024

Hi @Caressa DeQuardo 

The error in the audit log states IAR-176 cannot move to the destination status, so either...

1. It's not a status on that issue type's workflow
  2. There's no direct route to it (i.e a transition from the current status > Invoiced)
  3. There's a condition, validator, or other workflow property stopping the transition from occurring via Automation

^ Could you check these 3 issues, and see if this helps clarify the problem?

Ste

Caressa DeQuardo April 1, 2024

A user restriction in the status workflow was not allowing the automatic transition. I allowed the issues reporter (which is actually another jira automation) the capability to transition the IAR-176 linked status from In Progress to - Invoiced

Screenshot 2024-04-01 085423.png

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2024

Awesome, glad it works!

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events