Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attached Files, seems removed after some days

Thodoris Lakiotis September 17, 2021

Hello Jira Community.

I would like to place a question about a weird matter.

Last days, i have created some Issues, and attached some files.
After a couple of days, i view the previously created issue and i realize that The attached files (PDFs) are missing.

Any possible cause?

Anyone with the same behavior?

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2021

Hi Thodoris,

Is the Attachment field still on the screen? Sometimes that field gets moved off somehow. 

Also, can you see attachments on other issues on other projects? So is this just a problem with this one issue? Or you can't see attachments on any issue? 

Hi John

Your have a point here..

The attachment(s) field is missing..

While on other (random) issue the attachement(s) field is still there

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2021

Add that field back on and see if it fixes the problem for you. 

Screenshot from 2021-09-17 16-32-24.png

As far as i can see, there is no deletion in the attachemnts

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 17, 2021

After you added the attachments field back to the screen, you are still getting the error? 

Hello

To save some troubleshooting time, i proceed with re-uploading the files.

Screenshot from 2021-09-17 17-15-14.png

Now you can see that the Attachements filed appeared in right position, and also the files appeared in the Description field.

We will see in time how this will go.
I ll post here if anything come up

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 17, 2021

Great! If it is working then, can you click on the Accept Answer button above so we can close this one out? Thanks!

Hello John

It seems that you missed the point here..
It is not resolved! 

The issue wasn’t the uploading or the appearance of the attachment files field

The issue is that after a couple of days, the attachment field is missing without further notice.

anyways 

thanks for your time, I will keep an eye on this and repost if anything come up

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2021

It just about has to be that someone on your team removed the field from the screen - whether they own up to it or not is another story. And unfortunately, there is no log that records that.  :-(

But at least you know what to look for in the future if it happens again. 

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 17, 2021

Hi @Thodoris Lakiotis 

Did you check the history of the issue to see who deleted the attachments? That would be a good starting point. Usually files don't get deleted by themselves and there is a permission to delete attachements.

add-delete.png

Hello Alex and Thanks for this promt responce

No one deleted anything.

The system seems to try load the files, but seems as it cannot find them.

Screenshot from 2021-09-17 13-35-04.png

This was noticed a couple of says before, and i have re-upload them to the Jira.

Yesterday as far as i can recall from my memory everything were there....
T

Today.... is another day...

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 17, 2021

To me this looks like a glitch. That atlassian's server tries to load the files, but due to technical reasons it can't. Did you try to clear your cache and load the page again? Or try with a different browser or a private window?

I try with different browser, but same behavior.

I will try later, in case of any tech issue from atlassian side..

But, to tell you the truth, 2 days ago same issue...

Today same...

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 17, 2021

Then if you are on a standard (and above plan) I would suggest to contact Atlassian's support and let them look at it, by giving them access to your instance.

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 17, 2021

@Thodoris Lakiotis does this happen to you only, or to others as well? And are the others on the same network as you, or other?

I haven't heard anything from my colleagues..

Now i have done with another PC, another account, to see if after a couple of days the problem still persists (to check if my account is the issue..)

I try also to raise a ticket, but the page always fails..

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events