Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent accidentaly moved an issue to wrong workflow status, how do I change it ?

Nikita Simanenkov October 4, 2021

Agent was evaluating issue, and insted of puting issue to status LOST he passed it to different status. There is no way back through workflow. Is there a way to set needed status manualy ?

Snímek obrazovky 2021-10-04 092415.pngSnímek obrazovky 2021-10-04 092441.png

Now its in status INSTALATION , but it has to be status LOST.

Thank you in advanced !

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jose Luis Gaitan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2021

Hello, @Nikita Simanenkov ;

I think you have to talk to your Jira Administrator to modify the workflow, creating a global transition between both states...

:(

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2021

I wouldn't do a global transition for just one issue.

Just have them create a temporary transition between the wrong status and the correct one (if they are smart they'll restrict who can do it too) just to fix this one issue and remove it afterwards.

Also, if your agents can accidentally do this, maybe look in to adding some validators.

Like Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_ likes this

Is there any guide how to do temporary transition between the wrong status and the correct one ?

What exactly are validators ? 

Thank you for your time. 

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2021

Not really :) You do have the general documenation.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/work-with-issue-workflows/

With a temporary transition I mainly mean that it should be published and once the issue is fixed it should be removed again from the workflow.

Validators allow you to validate certain fields/transition screens before the transition is complete so users get some feedback before they move the issue.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-advanced-issue-workflows/

Like Nikita Simanenkov likes this

Thank you very much. Helped alot. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders