Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I can't make the issue type from a task to Epic

faizajannat028 July 29, 2023

Dear Partner,
I hope you are doing great. I want to change the issue type from task to epic. But I'm not able to do that. Can you assist me with how can i change it to epic? I tried the field that specifies the "issue type" or "task type." This field is a drop-down menu or a selectable option. but I can't see the Epic option here. Please assist me to resolve the issue thanks. Below I have added the link to my Jira ticket. I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks 

https://octacer.atlassian.net/browse/ORITOURS-60

Sincerely,
Faiza Jannat
Cesar's assistant

2 comments

Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2023

Hi @faizajannat028 

You have perform a move operation on the issues. You will then be able to modify project and/or issue type.

For Epic you will have to provide Epic Name as well.

Ravi

faizajannat028 July 29, 2023

Let me attach the screenshot to better explain the issue. since it’s usually here to change it to an epic.

WhatsApp Image 2023-07-29 at 12.59.26 AM.jpeg

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2023

Hi @faizajannat028 

The reason that you can't just change the Issue Type from one value to another is that they must be using different workflows. If both issue types used the same workflow, it would let you change the value. 

So you need to do the Move function to move it from the Task issue type to the Epic issue type. 

Click the 3 dots menu in the upper right and select Move. 

Screenshot.png

faizajannat028 August 3, 2023

Thank you but it's asking me to change the board, but I want to create the ticket in this specific board. Thanks 

faizajannat028 August 3, 2023

i want to know what it means. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events