Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Work Management is growing! 🌱

Heather Roberts
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 23, 2023

We’re excited to share news about changes that are going on in the Jira Work Management team here at Atlassian.

The JWM team is growing fast! We originally launched back in April 2021 from a small team of 15, and since then the team has continued to grow exponentially (along with the product’s features 🙂). As we jump into the new financial year, we are doing our biggest round of team growth yet, and will almost double the current size of the team by the end of the calendar year. Atlassian is committed to JWM, and we will be using our new growth to focus on some exciting initiatives in the coming months.

Git Growing 2x.png

Ease of use

We want JWM to be simple and intuitive for everyone to use, especially for those actions you do all the time such as updating a task. We have completed extensive rounds of product testing and user interviews to really help us improve our ease of use in areas such as updating and creating tasks, identifying stakeholders, and finding what to work on next. In this domain we have released view settings persistence this month - saving your filter, grouping, sorting & column settings for each of your project’s views.

Higher level viewpoint

We announced Overviews in May as a way to help you get a bird's-eye view across multiple projects and provide a clear visual of all the work you need to stay on top of. We are going to build on this theme and improve our project portfolio management capabilities to help senior leaders get a higher level view of business goals across the company. We are spinning up a brand new team to focus on this, and have started exploring adding more data to projects, such as start and end dates, project status, owners and more.

Importers

Setting up a new project management tool can be daunting, especially if your company already has projects in another one and wishes to migrate them across. We have been working hard on our new importer to help you migrate data in from other tools. We started with CSV import, and built on this to add Trello and, just recently, Asana import. We are continuing to focus on our importer, and will add support for other apps in the coming year, let us know in the comments which ones you would like us to focus on next!

Getting started

We also want to help guide and support our new users more through their first few days, from setting up their JWM site to creating their first project and adding tasks. Soon you can create and configure your project's fields through the list view rather than heading into Jira project settings, allowing you to easily configure your project to meet the structure and detail of your work.

Mobile

JWM got its own dedicated mobile team this year and we have made some huge strides in our Android and iOS apps since, adding the summary view, project background colours and an improved issue view. We will be launching forms on the mobile apps soon and keep going full steam ahead! Keep your eyes peeled for a post coming soon that dives deeper into what’s next for mobile.

Hopefully this sneak peek into our upcoming focus areas gets you excited! And if you have any ideas for other areas you would be keen for us to look into, let us know in the comments ⬇️

We also still have several open positions on the team across different crafts: engineering, design & product management - if you think you would love to work on these (and more!) features with us, visit the Atlassian careers page to learn more ❤️

2 comments

Philipp Göllner (XALT) November 1, 2023

Great news. We are thrilled to show the new features to the customers. 

Like # people like this
Amy Mon
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 27, 2023

This is awesome! is the CSV importer available only for admins? If I want access for my team-managed project, do I need to contact an admin to turn on this feature? How can we turn it on - I don't see the option to import csv into my JWM project. Thank you! @Heather Roberts 

Like Heather Roberts likes this
Heather Roberts
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2023

Hi @Amy Mon , importing to TMP projects is available, but only to admins right now. You would need to ask your admin to run the import for you following these steps: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/docs/import-data-into-jira-work-management-using-a-csv-file/ and ask them to pick TMP when creating the project

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events