Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Due date turning red even after the issue is moved to "done"

Sultonkhon Maksumov February 16, 2022

Greetings community),

I cannot find an answer to my question, can anyone help?

We have added a field "due date" to control issue's timely execution. The due date should turn red in the board if an issue is overdue, but the due date icon in the card is turning red even after an issue is already moved to "done". 

I thought the problem was in resolution, so made a rule to make the resolution "done" when the issue is moved to "done" status. And I was hoping it would work. Now I see it has turned red again. Does anyone have any clue?

Here is what I mean.

image.png

2 comments

Sultonkhon Maksumov February 17, 2022

Anyone any clue?

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2022

I would make an automation rule that removes the Due date as part of the resolution process. That rule could also leave a comment reporting whether the due date was overdue at resolution or not.

Sultonkhon Maksumov February 21, 2022

@Curt Holley - thank you! But why is it happenning? Bug?

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2022

No, not a bug. the field simply takes red once it hits the date.....there is no built in logic to do that conditional on which status/status category or column it is in.

Which is why I suggest you create that logic, if it is important to you not to see the due date post moving to done.

The only downside might be; you will lose the historical record of what the date was, which is where the notion of adding a comment comes in.

Make sense?

Sultonkhon Maksumov February 22, 2022

Thank you, @Curt Holley  I think we can live with it for now). But it seems to me that the logic should have beed there. Wondering why Atlassian has not implemented it.

sahil chowdhary April 19, 2022

Yes this should be incorporated

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events