sub-task status values?

John Driscoll March 3, 2021

Can a sub-task have a different set of STATUS values than the associated parent task? 

I'm trying to find a configuration setting option for this but coming up empty. 
I'd appreciate any guidance offered.

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2021

sure. just create a unique workflow w/ desired statuses and associate the sub-task issue to that workflow. you might find this read useful - Workflows 

Thank VERY much for the redirection to the workflow documentation.  Spot on!

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2021

Hello @John Driscoll 

Are you working with a NextGen project or a Classic project?

I work with Classic projects, so my answer is specific to that scenario.

Yes, in Classic projects Sub-tasks can have a different set of Statuses than the associated parent issue. You would need to create a custom workflow that includes those statuses and their transitions, then in the Workflow Scheme for your project add that custom workflow and assign it to the Sub-tasks issue type(s) for that project.

Yes - Classic Projects.  Thanks for the custom workflow suggestion Trudy.  Very clever!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events