reply to from the receiver not shown in jira comments

digiOrganon May 12, 2021

Hi Guys,

I have set up the connection with Gmail and my jira account. I am able to create issues via mail and also the reply that i send to my own mail is coming as comment which is fine.

The only issue i am facing is i am not able to add comments to issues when i reply to a mail sent by the sender. Everytime i send a reply a new ticket is created even though the subject is same.
Also when i don't send a subject neither an issue nor comment is created.
Please post a possible solution soon.
Thank you
Keshav Nayak

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2021

Hi @digiOrganon  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Reviewing the documenation for email handlers...

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/create-issues-and-comments-from-email/#Creatingissuesandcommentsfromemail-Customemailhandlers

When you removed the subject, it makes sense that Jira would try to create a new issue: the subject needs to contain the issue key for the custom email handler to identify the target issue.

In the situation you note where you reply back to a sender *and* the comment is not added, have you checked:

• if the sender has modified the subject and removed/altered the issue key, and
  • if your custom email handler correctly parses out existing original message text?

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events