repetitive tasks

Ярослав Л April 8, 2021

good day

I ask you to tell me how I can in Jira tasks make it possible to repeat them once a week or on a different schedule. I have cloud Jira

we are a team of 5 people and we plan to work on the free version for the first year

2 answers

2 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2021

Hi @Ярослав Л,

Welcome to the Community and great to see the recurring tasks challenge :-)

There are many approaches to handling recurring tasks in Jira, which is probably why the marketplace offers several apps, each with there own unique approach to offer a standardised way of scheduling. I am happy to add a list with options from the Marketplace for you to look into.

Depending on your needs, it is often possible to use the built-in due date mechanism of Jira. Just update the due date of your task to reschedule it for the next execution.

If it is important to track that a recurring task has been done effectively, there is a good change that you want to effectively close it and create a new task for next week. You can clone your task so you don't need to fill out all the details again.

Jira's automation rules provide you with the power to automate the process. It is possible to set up an automation rule to create a copy of your (recurring) task when you move the current task to status done. You can find an example of such an automation rule in the automation template library.

Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 12, 2021

Welcome to the community, @Ярослав Л .

If you consider working with our app Deep Clone for Jira, it might be interesting for you, how to create clones automatically:

Don't hesitate to get in touch with us, if you have questions or feedback about Deep Clone for Jira.

0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2021

Suggest an answer