reactivating a user

NADA EL BAGHDADI May 23, 2023

hello everyone, 

one of the users in my team has had his account deactivated. I am the project manager, but when i go to the administratien panel i dont have the ability to reactivate his account. Btw, we re still students so our site does not have a domain, so when i try to go to "Managed accounts" they tell me i need to enter a domain name(which we dont have). I think this is the only way to reactivate a user, but i dont know who to contact, the domain of his actual email ? i am really lost, can someone please help ? 

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2023

Hello @NADA EL BAGHDADI 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

Is the user still able to access their email? If they are then their account in the domain has not been deactivated. If they are not able to access their email, then yes, you would have to contact the owners of that domain to get their account reactivated.

hello, thanks a lot for your answer, 

Yes, the user still has access to his email, its just when he tries to access the organization site in jira software that he is stopped.

What can we do to solve the issue please ?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2023

The user may have had their access to your site suspended.

I'm not sure if a person that is only a Site Admin can do this or if it requires a person with Organization Admin access.

Navigate to https://admin.atlassian.com

Select Directory from the top menu bar.

In the left panel select Users. This should show a list of users that have been associated with sites/products under the Organization.

If the specified user is not shown there, then the user needs to be re-invited to access your site/product.

If the user is shown click Show Details next to the specified user.

Has the user been granted a Role in your Jira product? If your Jira product is not listed, then click the Add Products button to add that user to your Jira product.

Hello,

thanks again for your answer,

i have done all the steps, the user in question does not appear when i click on Users, because only the "active users" appear, i have to click on "total number of users" .

I have tried re-inviting him, but once his is redirected to the site, a big alert stops him and shows up saying that his account has been deactivated.

The user is only a user in the Jira Product, he doesnt have any role assigned.

i dont know either if i actually can reverse this, any more suggestions are welcome !

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2023

Can you provide screen images of what you see in the various screens for the user? Black out confidential information.

If you can get to the user's account through Atlassian Admin, does the user's account show the Jira product listed, but with None for user role?

Screen Shot 2023-05-23 at 2.14.54 PM.png

If so, try assigning the user a role and see if that solves the problem.

NADA EL BAGHDADI May 24, 2023

hello, 

im sorry the interface is in french, the one in red is the deactivated account, he is in the jira-software-users group (deactivated ofc), the only option that appears is deleting him. Would it solve the problem if i delete him and send an invitation again or would it simply make his past work disappear ?

atlass.png

atlass.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2023

Please check if following the guidance in the knowledge base article helps:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/re-activate-disabled-unmanaged-account-1217200779.html

In addition here is another post on the same topic with some additional links that might help.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Re-activating-a-disabled-user-account-in-Jira/qaq-p/1283083

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events